Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Drive Operational Excellence – Be the master mind behind our “zero customer impact” strategy by implementing best technology solutions according to the roadmap of the Global Chatbot Platform Architecture and ensuring the high availability of the platform
• BAU and Complex investigations – Lead and Support the operations team with complex investigations impacting production and non-production environment making sure the committed platform SLAs are not breached. Continuously advance and optimize platform monitoring and failure alerting using data driven insights and best industry practices
• Lead Operations Activities – Support in acceptance testing, go-live of new components for all operational activities, and liaise with relevant parties as required. Lead Operations in performance Assessments and Capacity Planning. Close involvement and tracking of 3rd line vendor support against agreed KPI’s.
• DevOps Mentor – Provide guidance and direction to the operations teams to grow and develop operations skills through training sessions, knowledge sharing and leading by example
• Tooling and Technologies – Assess and introduce latest technologies in the DevOps space to make sure the platform is a lead in the operational space and leverages latest advancements. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, ideas scouting and knowledge sharing with internal communities
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Deep understanding of the technology stack and digital services as well as upcoming technology trends especially in the DevOps Space
• Expert in managing cloud environments with recognized knowledge (certifications) on AWS
• Solid understanding of, and experience with infrastructure as code, kubernetes clusters and application deployment automation and testing
• Expert Trouble-shooter! Excellent Analytical and problem management skills
• Deep understanding in Agile software development environment and methods. Jira and Confluence a must!
• Experience with scalable networking technologies, microservice architectures and security.
• Experience designing high-traffic, fault-tolerant systems at global scale.
• Strong time-management skills and being comfortable working under pressure
• Self-motivated individual with excellent organisational, presentation and analytical skills
• Ability to independently manage critical situations and handle customers
• Must haves: Jenkins and CI/CD, Scripting Languages, AWS, Instana, Kubernetes/Docker, MongoDB
• Advantageous: Splunk, Azure, Java, Web Servers,
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
Higher education degree in IT/Engineering or related field
Experience in agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban
Minimum 5 years of experience in delivery and integration of legacy systems in a telecom environment into an API framework
Key performance indicators:
SLAs and Service Improvements
Operational Insights and Automation
Reduction of customer facing incidents